Before you start
- If you don't have a free or paid Cervinodata plan yet, you can get one here: https://app.cervinodata.com
- If you haven't yet set up a (Free or Paid) plan for Cervinodata, you should first read this article: How to set up Cervinodata: this only takes a couple of minutes
Step 1: Choose a connector (which includes a template)
There are 2 routes to get to the right Google Data Studio connector:
Route 1: Through Cervinodata
- Log into Cervinodata (https://app.cervinodata.com/login)
- Go to "Data Studio" under DESTINATIONS and click Templates
- In the table, choose the connector that fits your need (you can use and combine multiple, just not at the same time).
- Click the "Open template" Button.
Route 2: Through the Google Data Studio connector gallery
- Go to the Data Studio Gallery:
- Choose one of the available Cervinodata Google Data Studio connectors (if you do not see the one you need, send us a mail at email@example.com)
- Click "Create data source"
Step 2: Authorise
- Connect your Google Account to Google Data Studio (this will be required only once. After that your Google Account will stay logged in)
- Connect Google Data Studio to Cervinodata (this will be required only once. After that, your Cervinodata account is connected to Google Data Studio)
- When you see the dropdowns with Organisations, currency and from date, your connection is successful.
Step 3: Configure your connection
Follow these steps (you can always go back to this step and change the configuration):
- Choose the Organisations (you can create these in Cervinodata: organisation)
- Choose the currency (all the currency related metrics like media spend, cost per click, etc., will be displayed in that currency)
- Choose the start date: A shorter time range will result in a quicker dashboard. (If you are on a Free Plan, limits may apply)
- Press CONNECT in the top right corner.
Step 4: Create Data Studio report
After connecting, you will see the list of available metrics and dimensions.
- Click "CREATE REPORT" in the top right corner to get the beautiful Cervinodata template.
- Or Click "EXPLORE" if you want to build a dashboard from scratch.
Step 5: Enjoy & customise your dashboard
- To enjoy the Cervinodata template for Google Data Studio, click the "View" button in the top right corner. (Please note that when you have a Free plan, the data refresh is only once per week. This means that the most recent month might not show the latest numbers. You can move to a paid plan here: https://app.cervinodata.com )
- But you can always customise your dashboard to your needs, for instance by combining multiple Google Data Studio connectors from Cervinodata.