This support article shows how to change the fields that are used by Google Data Studio connectors from Cervinodata.
How to turn fields on or off
You can configure which fields are used by the Google Data Studio connectors from Cervinodata on the connectors page in Cervinodata.
To turn fields on or off for a connector, click on the edit icon that is in the same row as the connector.
A modal will be loaded in which you can turn on extra fields or turn off fields you do not use in your report.
Keep the following in mind:
- Some fields are mandatory, they cannot be turned off
- Turning off fields decreases the amount of data that is being send to Google Data Studio (less data means quicker loading of reports)
- After changing which fields are on and off for a connector the new configuration will be in effect for all the data sources that are based on the connector; which means that you will have to reconnect the existing data sources
Reconnecting existing data sources in Google Data Studio
Open an existing Google Data Studio report that uses the connector for which the fields are updated. And then:
- In the report, go to the menu item 'Resource' and select 'Manage edit data sources'
- Edit each of the data sources that need a configuration refresh (press the EDIT button), and:
- Edit the connection (press the EDIT CONNECTION link on the top left)
- Press the RECONNECT button (on the top right)
- Apply the connection changes