- Visit the Create a data source page under DELIVER: Klipfolio
- From the dropdown in the top right corner, select the Organisation you wish to create a data source for (more on organisations here)
- From the table, select the row that fits your need and press the copy icon
- Go to the library (top right corner. If you do not see this, you should ask your system admin, because you need the rights)
- Click "Create a new data Source"
- Find "Cervinodata" in the list of connectors. Click on the Cervinodata connector
Now, configure the following parts of the Klipfolio data source:
The Query url box
- Paste the end point you just copied (see point 3 "In Cervinodata")
- The end point will look something like this:
https://app.cervinodata.com/api/v1/data/ad-campaign-report-per-day/[the organisation ID]?from_date=2020-01-01&date_format=YYYY-MM-DD&format=csv
Tip: If you want to change the front date into something dynamic, check out this support ticket: How to change the fixed start date to a dynamic date range (i.e. last 30 days)
The Data format
- Make sure the data format is set to the format in your end point (default = csv)
Encoding & Method
- You can ignore Encoding (default = empty) & method (default = Get)
- Click on the link "Query Parameters"
- Name: Type in "Authorization"
- Value: Type in "Bearer" and then a space and then copy and paste the Cervinodata API token (get a new Cervinodata API token here).
- Type: Choose Header
- Since the security is arranged by the Cervinodata API token, there is no need for additional authentication.
- Press the Get data button to get a preview of your data. That should look something like this:
- If this is what you want, press the Continue button. That's it.
If the data is not what you expected
Here are some common issues you might run into:
Q: Why is there an account is missing in the data?
A: Make sure that Cervinodata is set up correctly:
- Cervinodata has access to the particular account,
- The account has been switched ON
- The account is connected to the right Organisation
- You have selected the right organisation when you copied the end point (see point 2 all the way at the top)
Q: Why is there historical data missing in my Klipfolio data source?
A: Cervinodata collects the historical data from the beginning of the previous year; in 2020 this is 2019-01-01), but it could be that there was no historical data in the particular ad platform. Let us know if we need to fix something (email@example.com).
A: Or you need to set the default start date to an earlier date (default is 2020-01-01)
A: If you are on a Cervinodata Free plan, there is only limited history available, and refresh is not daily. See the limits of a Free plan.
Q: I am missing dimensions in my data
A: In Cervinodata, pick another end point from the table and press the copy icon. If the dimension is not available, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org since we are constantly expanding and improving. Your input helps.