This support article shows you how to set up Google BigQuery, from start to finish.
Before you start
- You need a Google Account to do this, get a Google Account here
- Although Google BigQuery is very cheap to use (and free for a lot of users), you need a valid credit card to complete the steps. Make sure you have one at hand.
Step 1: Get into BigQuery
- Go to cloud.google.com and sign in with your Google Account
- Click "Go to Console"
- Inside the console, click the navigation icon in the top left and scroll down to the section "Big Data"
- in the left navigation bar choose "BigQuery". Tip: click the pin next to the name, so next time the pinned menu item also appears at the top of the navigation bar.
Step 2: Set up your BigQuery project
You are now in the BigQuery section of Google Cloud.
- In the top bar, on the right side of "Google Cloud Platform" you see your existing projects or you can create one from there.
- Click to open. A modal will appear. On the top right in the modal, click "New project". Later on you can select your projects here.
- Give your project a name. Tip: If you use this project to work with Cervinodata, we suggest you put Cervinodata or CD in the name for reference.
- Choose a billing account. If you do not have one, you can find the instructions here: How to set up billing
- Choose organisation
- Choose location
- You have now created a project
Step 3: connect to Cervinodata
- If you are using Cervinodata for BigQuery, you can continue here: Set up Cervinodata for BigQuery.
- If you are not using Cervinodata, click "BigQuery" in the menu bar on the left to go back to the BigQuery interface. In the BigQuery interface you can create SQL statements to group, filter, select you data. If you need help on this, let us know firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part 2: connect Cervinodata to BigQuery
- Part 3: How to build a Query for BigQuery (Cervinodata Query builder)