Setting up Cervinodata is a matter of 3 steps and should not take more than a couple of minutes.
Before you get started
- Make sure you have read access to the ad account and / or Google Analytics views you wish to collect the data for.
- For our free plan there is no need for a credit card. For paid plans, make sure you have a credit card at hand.
- Make sure you are logged into Cervinodata.
Get started Checklist
When logging into Cervinodata, you will see this Get started page. Simply follow the steps there. We will explain each step in more detail in this support article. To support you a flow is added on top of the page, the flow also contains the steps needed to setup Cervinodata and will remain visible on all pages until the setup is completed.
Step 1: Connect to platforms
On the Connect to platforms page in Cervinodata you need to give access to the ad platforms and Google Analytics accounts you want Cervinodata to collect the historic data for.
- Click the Add connection button
- Click the platform you wish to connect
- Follow the steps that is offered by the specific platform (make sure you give access with the platform user that has access to the required accounts)
- You are prompted to add a description.
- Tip: It is handy to insert a short yet specific description (like the first part of your email address, followed by the date and time). This is particularly handy when you have multiple connections to the same ad platform.
- When you return to the Connect to platforms page, your ad platform is added to the list
- Press the refresh accounts button to fetch the latest list of the associated accounts to that connection.
- Tip: Should you gain access to new ad accounts at a later stage, simply refresh the list to add the new accounts to the list. No need to connect to the platform again.
Step 2: Refresh accounts
Click the refresh accounts button for the connected platform(s) to collect all the ad accounts button you have read access to.
Optional: Create Organisations
This is an optional step, but can be very handy if you wish to are managing multiple brands or clients. If you do not need this, simply skip this step. By default, all accounts are connected to the "Default Organisation" (more on this here).
Step 3: Switch accounts to ON
The final step is to switch the accounts you want the historic data collected for to ON. This is done on the Choose accounts page.
- If you wish to organise your data by Organisation, it is wise to connect the Organisation to the appropriate accounts.
- Then, simply slide the toggle switch to ON, the data collection and processing will start within 5 minutes.
Your data is now available for syncing to your favourite destination(s).
On the Get started page in Cervinodata, for each destination, there might be one or two more steps you need to take (like connecting to a BigQuery project or choosing the best Google Data Studio template).